Search This Blog

Monday 25 March 2013

Warm pie, gravy, veg and pots....


Oh I do love a pie.  Home made obviously the best…. but pies are amazing.  So I shall dedicate a little space to the pie people I am currently putting on my ‘must eat’ list, although the first guys have been well sampled already – I love these pies!

How do I buy –  Online and in store, they also send stock to various deli’s and pubs.  The pie shop in Oxford covered market is well worth a visit if you can get there, always a happy customer.
Delivery charges and rules  – Free delivery, such a bonus in my view, and extra brownie points
Recommend? – Love these pies, love the company attitude

How do I buy –  Online
Delivery charges and rules  – £9.95 for general orders under £30, £30 plus is £7.95 unless you order £50 in which case its free               
Recommend? – Not tried yet, plan to but I do like to test a pie first and am hesitating at the delivery charge.  Watch this space

How do I buy –  Online and at Farmers Markets – I plan to get some from Notting Hill
Delivery charges and rules  – £10             

Recommend? – Not tried yet, due to the delivery charge I’ll probably wait till the end of April when I’m up at Notting Hill Farmers Market.  The other thing to add about Paul though is that he is one of the few people I contacted who told me how the chickens he used were kept and harvested - its important to me.  I ask all the time, and rarely receive a reply so its most appreciated when I do.

I'll be back to update these when pies have been bought and consumed.......

One of my strongest memories as a child is making and eating a jam plate pie, complete with twisted pastry to line the top, all to use up any left over pastry, this was served with thick home made custard.  A delight!

1 comment:

  1. I love Pieminister too, used to go and eat pies in their shop in Bristol all the time. I like that they call their delicious gravy 'groovy'! Do you have a recipe for your jam plate pie? That'd be great on this site! :) Katie. XXX

    ReplyDelete